The Norsonic Hextile is a module based approach to acoustic camera that gives the user both portability and great resolution for a wide range of measurement situations. The array dish is based on a hexagon shape which gives it the ability to combine several tiles into larger systems.
Acoustic beamforming arrays, commonly known as acoustic cameras, enable the user to visualise different sound sources at different frequencies and source strengths.
The resolution and ability to resolve sound sources spaced closely apart, and at lower frequencies, is mainly decided by overall size and number of microphones of the equipment being used. Although image manipulation and deconvolution techniques on the beamformed results might give added resolution, in practise the properties of the array still influence the results. This size versus resolution criteria is the crux of the acoustic camera market.
Users want something that is small, light weight, and portable, while at the same time having excellent resolution, and the ability to go low in frequency.
- Up to 383 MEMS Microphones
- 3 separate tiles that easily click together
- Less than 3kg in weight
- Single Hextile - Low Frequency limit 410Hz
- Multi-tile closed - Low Frequency limit of 220Hz
- Multi-tile open - Low Frequency limit of 120Hz
- 1 USB Cable for power & data transfer
- High Performance optical video camera
- Dimensions - 70 x 57 x 33 cm | Weight in case - 22KG
Product data Hextile acoustic camera